Pages

Size Fourteen can be Ideal

Kate Dillon looks beautiful at size 14. She's been quoted as saying "I weigh myself every week to make sure I'm not losing any weight. I love my body."

She was the first full-figured model in a mainstream fashion ad (Gucci's Spring 2000 campaign). That same year, People Magazine voted her as one of the fifty most beautiful people in the world.

She's gotten a lot of recognition as a speaker on issues of body image and self-esteem. She herself is a recovered anorexic. If you are interested in seeing some of her thoughtful answers to people who have asked her questions about eating disorders and weight loss, check out her thoughts at PBS here. But if you're curious as I was to find out how much she weighs, you won't find out. She believes these comparison stats only help to perpetuate eating disorder problems and she will never discuss what her weight is at any time.